This is our growing list of YouTube facts, we started with ten, however, the list keeps growing. I hope you find these YouTube facts interesting.
1. YouTube was created in February 2005.
2. The YouTube founders were three former PayPal employees.
3. YouTube was created after one of its founders became frustrated with not being able to share video footage of a dinner party. He was unable to email an attachment because it was too large.
4. In November 2006, The search engine Google purchased YouTube for $1.65 Billion.
5. YouTube’s first headquarters? A facey high-rise office? Nope, above a pizzeria and Japanese restaurant in San Mateo, CA.
6. The first YouTube video was titled “Me at the zoo”.
7. “Me at the zoo” was uploaded at 8:27 PM on Saturday, April 23, 2005 by one of the YouTube founders.
8. The first YouTube video was 19 seconds.
9. Me at the zoo has been viewed about 60 million times.
10. The first video to reach 1 million views was a Nike Ad featuring Ronaldinho in September 2005.
10. In July 2006, the company announced over 65,000 videos were uploaded every day on YouTube
11. In 2007, YouTube used as much bandwidth as the entire Internet used in 2000.
12. During July 2006, the site was received 100 million video views per day.
13. By the year 2014, YouTube stated that 300 hours of new video were uploaded to YouTube every minute.1
14. YouTube is the 2nd most visited website behind its owner Google.com in the world.1
15. The most viewed YouTube video is Luis Fonsi – Despacito ft. Daddy Yankee with 5.75 Billion views.
16. YouTube began including ads before videos, in 2007.
17. Many people referred to as YouTubers make a living through their YouTube channel.
18. Members of the YouTube Partners Program include ads on their videos. YouTube splits the revenue 55% for the YouTuber and YouTube keeps 45%
19. If pre-roll ads appear before half of a video creator’s videos, a video creator can earn, on average, $2.00 per 1000 views.
This is a growing list of YouTube facts, history and figures. Come back and keep up your knowledge. If you have items to add, share in the comments.